Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Ursula Von Rydingsvard at Yorkshire Sculpture Park.





My travels in the UK took me up to Yorkshire to stay with a friend I've
known since I was eighteen and a student at what was
then Bretton Hall College near Wakefield.





This amazing place was where I studied Art for three years.
The college has been closed for quite a few years now.
The grounds however are what is now
Yorkshire Sculpture Park.





This amazing piece is made from cow intestines sewn together
it was beautiful.




When we were there we saw a large exhibition
of the work of an American woman -






There are the Underground galleries which
are huge spaces that give the 
opportunity to display large pieces
of sculpture that can ' breathe '.






I really liked the pieces where the wood had been charred and also limed.











Cow intestines sewn together.




Just LOVE this piece.













There were also some wonderful large drawings based on pieces that she has made using pig's
intestines that have been dried and formed into pieces that are textile in quality.






In my next post I'll show some more pieces from YSP.

No comments:

Post a Comment