Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Monday 9 June 2014

My day at the vintage textile fair.




Two weeks ago I was at our  annual textile fair in a lovely town called Pontivy.
I had five tables of textiles for sale which I've collected over the last couple of years.
It now gets more and more difficult to find really lovely things.


Part of my stand showing the vintage dresses and blouses
some dyed with indigo.


The day starts at about 6am but of course I spend a lot of time
 the week before making sure all my linen is
 laundered and looking as good as possible.



This beautiful sheet was sold.


Then everything has to be carried in and I spend about an hour getting everything
displayed.
I love all my linen and its important to me that it look its best.






Although its a twelve hour day at the fair I love it
 as there are so many people there who are selling or buying
textiles because they love them.
It's a passion.





I love the monogrammed napkins embroidered in red.
( Brigite Bardot didn't turn up !)






I love this chintz fabric - sometimes I think I'll keep it but I can't keep
everything that I find or fall in love with.






The lavender bags are ones that I've made out of linen
 and printed with copies of old photographs.
The lavender is from my garden.




The sheet below is made out of linen and its beautiful - it's for sale
for 120€.




In my next post I have lots more lovely things for you to see.
I'll also show you what I bought.






























2 comments:

  1. Ooh... I would have loved to look through your lovely French linen....that is a gorgeous sheet too. Hope all your hard work paid off and you had a good day selling.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie - if there's anything you're looking for just let me know and I'll try to find it.
      I'm coming to the UK in August - hopeful going to be seeing Lynn in the North of England.
      Diane x

      Delete