Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Monday 6 May 2013

Amazing pieces of Art by Barbara Keal.



When I was at the textile fair in Nantes last week I
was delighted to meet a young woman called






The animal heads and in some cases there whole pelts are all made
 by Barbara using a needle felting method.
 She uses natural fibres from local sheep and llamas.






Barbara's husband, Richard makes furniture from old recycled wood and raw timbers.



Barbara is about 6ft 2 and so you can imagine how wonderful she looked !

They had a joint exhibition at Anthropologie in New York at the end of last year.






Barbara and Richard Keel are a couple to watch in the future.




I was invited to try one of the heads on, I now wish I had !




The goat head above was certainly one of my favourites.






I asked Barbara which head was her favourite, she especially liked
the two donkeys, a couple, the male on the right
  and his mate on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment