Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Sunday 13 November 2011

The Hepworth Gallery, Wakefield.








This weekend I have been in Yorkshire and yesterday morning I went to the new Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield.







Barbara  Hepworth was born in Wakefield and spent her early life there.





She rose to be on of the UK's most famous sculptors, spending most of her working years in St Ives.





The new gallery is set next to a weir and seeing the water rushing by outside whilst looking at the sculptures was a very enjoyable experience.






In the afternoon I went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, more of that in my next post.

3 comments:

  1. What lovely sculptures, it must have been a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sculptures, in a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place. I hope your having a good break and feeling well.

    ReplyDelete