Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Sunday 30 October 2011

Toussaint .





In France the time before All Saints / All Souls Day is very much a time for families and flowers and remembering people who are no longer with us.
During this last week time will have been made to make sure tombs are cleaned and now those tombs will start to be decked with flowers and plants.

Monday ( 31st November ) is a public holiday and families will get together and have their meals together and maybe visit the family tomb and share thoughts and memories.
I think its a lovely thing to do and the grave yards look amazing .




Yesterday Mr P and I went to the market in St Brieuc and enjoyed looking around, buying bits and pieces and drinking coffee and hot chocolate with friends in out favourite bar.






The bar is right next to the market so its not unusual for the group to grow at our table as we see more friends passing by. At the moment especially its good to be with friends after the scare I gave everyone including myself !

The flower beds in St Brieuc are always wonderful and are planted out to match the seasons.
I had to take some photographs of them - just love the amazingly large pumpkins .




I had promised to buy myself some flowers when I came out of hospital so I did, they look so bright and happy in the kitchen.





Today has been a warm cosy one with Mr P having a day off from renovating the house and me sorting out and pressing my winter clothes.







Hope your weekend has been a good one too.



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely day. St Brieuc sounds and looks delightful (I only know it to drive through from St Malo to Morlaix). So glad you are on the mend. Jude x

    ReplyDelete