Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Friday 9 September 2011

The art of inspiration.








Yesterday Mr P  and I went to the Chateau de Rohan in Pontivy.







The present chateau dates back to 1479.






Inside are the most amazing fireplaces from the 16th century and came originally from a chateau near Vannes.
The colours and details are just wonderful.







There is also a small chapel containing a typical Breton altarpiece which came from a church within the town.






Each summer art studies are run within the chateau for young people and it was very interesting to see the work and to see how they'd been inspired by their surroundings.


Painted detail around the granite fireplace.

I really liked this large painting  which, although so abstract , is so influenced by the colours that are in the fireplaces and altar.






Inspiration and how it moves us so differently is fascinating.











2 comments:

  1. I am captivated.. I adore this sort of work and I like even earlier decorations, how luck you are to have all this local to you.
    Your new header is gorgeous I love it, is it one of your beautiful cards that you make.
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, it takes your breath away.
    I miss Europe for so many reasons, it's beautiful architecture is just one.
    Hugs, Evi

    ReplyDelete